Planning my trip to London

It has been a mad week. Exam starts next Friday for the students and I can finally slow down. Month of May is great! There are several public holidays - Labour Day, Election Day and Vesak Day. We deserve a break, don't we?
I have booked my flight to London for June with my favourite airline - Qantas, and this time round, I am staying in a B&B in Lewisham, London. Definitely not as luxurious as the one I stayed last year. Well, I had my Connect Plan last year and could afford to splurge, but no, not this year. It must be peak season in London because I could not secure any room for my last 2 nights in London. I tried many many B&B, even tavern and hotels. What is happening between 22-24 June in SE London? Any major event coming up? Checked O2 arena but there isn;t any big shows on those days. So why is there no rooms for me in Lewisham and Blackheath area ?

I am more familiar with Lewisham, Hither Green and Blackheath and also my sole purpose or going to London is to pick up more tips in millinery from my teacher, Mrs Cory. Her classes are conducted in Blackheath and I prefer to stay closeby. It is going to be a tight trip as I will arrive one day before the course starts and on the last day of the course, I will fly back to Singapore at night. Yes, no sightseeing except on the only weekend I have. For that precious weekend, I am just going to look at hats in London at Covent Garden, Oxford St...etc and to check out Cherry Chow's deisgn at Miss Selfridge.

In the meantime, no more taxi to school and back home everyday. Got to watch my spending from now till June!

Comments

Popular Posts