Knee, 'Idiots' and a house full of furnitures

It takes me 20 minutes just to walk to the bus-stop because my knee hurts very badly. For the past 2 years, I took taxi to work every morning because of my knee. But not anymore. With my daughter's school fees costing me nearly S$9000 every 6 months, I worked out that I need to save $1500 every month and that means, I no longer am able to spend money freely. No more taxi every morning even if it costs me only $12 each way at a mere 15 minutes journey. From Ang Mo Kio to Khatib, it now takes me 1 hr and 15 minutes as I take 2 buses. This route requires the least walking and only cost $2. But it is a painful slow walk ....and I am no difference to the Hulk when I am in pain. So don't fault me if I am  curt and less patience lately.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another incident that irks me happened just a few days ago. I thought that the Backpackers Guide to the Galaxy was nonsensical and those dummy guide series are crap ! But nothing beats this guide which I am going to tell you. As mid-year examination for the students starts next Monday, it is customary for the Dean of instructional programme to run through the invigilation procedures especially when we have new staff joining the school every year. I cannot fathom what's her motive for doing this. She quoted examples of how a staff has not conducted exam properly.Then this Dean showed us her powerpoint slides pompously and everyone gasped in horror, disgust? The title of her slides is "The Idiots Guide to Invigilation".  So we are all idiots?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My vintage flower tools and a hat block finally arrived. They were simply sitting in a forgotten corner at SingPost HQ at Paya Lebar and no one was able to trace them for nearly 3 weeks.  If these parcels were sent to my house the first time, I don't understand why they were untraceable the second time when I asked for redelivery? After-all, I paid S$110 for Vpost to send them from USA to Singapore.


I have just cleaned them but will have to wait for next weekend to try them out. It will be a busy week for me because I am organising my materials and work area. Never been a person who bother to do housework, I usually clean my house every few months. In fact the last time we mopped the floor was in Nov 2011. This is how my living room looks like NOW:




The town council man has just came over to dispose of my sofa and book shelf. Last night at 2 am, I threw out 12 bigs bags of stuff. No one wants them and I just have no time to give anything away. Don't call me wasteful. I can hardly walk and the easiest way for me is to pack them and dispose of them. Anyway, at 6am when I went to work this morning, I saw the lights and many items removed from the black trash bags and others were strewn all over and left behind. Obviously someone has taken the useable stuffs but he/she is no reader cos the whole box of fiction was untouched.

I am not the real 'waster'. It is my younger brother who lives in Hong Kong. He has decided that  Aberdeen is not too convenience and bought an apartment at Northpoint (Hooray, I like Northpoint, HK). So he is selling his semi-D in Singapore. We have called many 2nd hand furniture dealers but they were not interested citing low demand, We called many charity organisations but they only want small items like walking stick and kettle...etc. No one wants the teak furnitures that my brother has. Even Salvation Army is picky and wants $60 to be paid to them for transportation charge and only will collect items in good condition for them.  All my brother's furnitures are in good condition but Salvo here is so picky that anything with scratches, they dol not want. Well, bugger off! So I took his leather sofa, air cooler, standing fan, mini fridge, teppanyaki pan, ice coolers  and 4 sets of the lighter shelves, The king & queen beds, sofa bed, dining table, large fridge, large washing machine, side tables, dressing tables, writing tables, display shelves and cabinets (all teak or in good solid wood)...and many more,  everything in that 3-storey house will be disposed of. So I have been busy organising my own furnitures and helping him get ready the house for sale.

If I have a big house, I will gladly take more of the furnitures. Such is the way it is in Singapore, No one wants second hand furnitures. My brother couldn't care less as he is way too busy working in HK.

Going to make a coffee and start cleaning the house. See you at MAAD next Friday.

PS: I have made 4 new hat pieces but cannot remember where I have packed them after the cleaning up.

Good night.

Comments

Popular Posts